Thursday, October 13, 2011

The moment you've all been waiting for…Cinque Terre exposed!

Ok so I know that this is probably a cop-out but I honestly don't have time to write a whole lot. We leave early tomorrow morning for the whole weekend to see Genoa and Turin and then next week is midterms, and we all know how those are. So anyway I am going to post a bunch of pictures and I am also going to give you the link to my dearest of friends, Stefani's blog and then you can get all the details of how our trip went and even more pictures! Italy really is amazing and Cinque Terre was one of the most naturally beautiful places I've ever seen. I've never had a desire to live by the Ocean but for the first time in my life I haven't wanted to live anywhere else. I think you'll see why with the pictures that follow.
Our very first view of the sea from our train

The first of five cities

The view from our Hostel window

Down by the sea

View walking along the Via Dell'Amore (the first hike from city one to city two)

Via Dell'Amore is famous for people coming and writing your name and a loved one's name. People also come with their significant other with a padlock of some kind and lock it along the trail.

A quick shout-out to Daniel Busick, there are people all over the world praying for you to recover quickly

View at the end of Via Dell'Amore

View from city two

View from city three

We took a ferry back from the fifth city to the first after hiking to all of them, the views were spectacular!

We also went to Pisa, I know kind of anti-climatic build up but the tower itself was anti-climatic. It was for sure a lot smaller than I thought it would be but it's sort of a must when you're in Italy.

Here's the link to Stef's blog, hope you all enjoy!
stefanijoschramm.blogspot.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment